Here is a summary of the topics we will cover for the quiz on Tuesday, as mentioned in class on Friday.
- Types of ambiguity: lexical, syntactic, semantic, pragmatic
- FSAs and Finite-state Transducers:
- basic principles
- Edit Distance: judge similarity of 4-6 words, in terms of edit score
- N-gram models: definitions, examples
- Noisy Channel Model;
- Naive Bayes Classifiers
- Smoothing, Back-off, Interpolation
- Hidden Markov Models
- Part-of-speech Tagging
- Dependency Structures as used in parsing
- Distributional Semantics
- Word-context vector representations
- Similarity measures
Good luck, and see you Tuesday.